The excitement is palpable as Sydney Sixers Women gear up to face Perth Scorchers Women in Match 41 of the Women’s Big Bash League 2023 at North Sydney Oval on Thursday, November 16. Positioned at 5th place with 10 points, the Sixers are eager to bridge the gap against the table-topping Scorchers, who lead with an impressive 14 points and a remarkable net run rate of +1.364.
The clash promises cricketing intensity as the Sixers aim to make their mark against the formidable Scorchers. With a slightly negative net run rate of -0.044, the Sixers are hungry for a victory to climb the standings, while the Scorchers are determined to maintain their top position. This encounter is set to be a thrilling battle, with both teams eyeing crucial points in the league.
- Teams: Sydney Sixers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women, Women’s Big Bash League 2023
- Venue: North Sydney Oval, Sydney
- Date & Time: Thursday, November 16, 10:00 AM (IST)
- Live Broadcast and Streaming: Star Sports Network and FanCode
North Sydney Oval is known for its batter-friendly track, offering consistent bounce for stylish strokeplay. Seam bowlers may find initial support, while spinners could come into play later in the game. The weather forecast looks promising, with a peak temperature of 26°C and intermittent clouds giving way to sunny spells, complemented by a brisk afternoon breeze.
- Matches Played: 18
- Sydney Sixers Women Won: 9
- Perth Scorchers Women Won: 9
Probable Playing XI:
Sydney Sixers Women (SS-W):
- Suzie Bates, Kate Pelle (WK), Ashleigh Gardner, Erin Burns, Ellyse Perry (C), Chloe Tyron, Maitaln Brown, Mathilda Carmichael, Linsey Smith, Kate Peterson, Lauren Cheatle
Perth Scorchers Women (PS-W):
- Chloe Piparo, Beth Mooney (WK), Maddy Darke, Sophie Devine (C), Nat Sciver Brunt, Amy Jones, Amy Edgar, Pippa Cleary, Alana King, Lilly Mills, Taneale Peschel
Probable Best Performers:
Probable Best Batter:
- Ellyse Perry (Sydney Sixers)
- In the previous match against Hobart Hurricanes, Perry showcased her batting prowess, scoring a brisk 24 runs off 19 deliveries. Her aggressive approach, peppered with 3 fours and a well-timed six, set the tone for the innings.
Probable Best Bowler:
- Lauren Cheatle (Sydney Sixers)
- In a standout bowling performance against Hobart Hurricanes, Cheatle claimed 2 crucial wickets. With precision in both wicket-taking and economy, she played a significant role in the team’s success, conceding only 23 runs at an impressive economy rate of 5.8.